2013年11月17日 星期日

Warren Buffett Shared Some Great Career Advice For Millennials

1. Find your passion.
"Never give up searching for the job that you’re passionate about," he says. "Try to find the job you’d have if you were independently rich. ... Forget about the pay. When you’re associating with the people that you love, doing what you love, it doesn’t get any better than that.”

找到你的熱情所在:永遠不要放棄尋找你真正有熱情的工作,和你喜愛的人交朋友,做你喜歡做的事。

2. Be careful who you look up to.
"If you tell me who your heroes are, I'll tell you how you're gonna turn out. It's really important in life to have the right heroes. I've been very lucky in that I've probably had a dozen or so major heroes. And none of them have ever let me down. You want to hang around with people that are better than you are. You will move in the direction of the crowd that you associate with."

慎選你的角色典範:要正確選擇你要學習的典範,從你選擇的學習對象,就可以看出你未來的發展。結交比你優秀的人,你才能往更好的方向發展。

3. Learn how to communicate effectively.
While he was getting his MBA from Columbia University, Buffett said that he was "terrified of public speaking," and signed up for a Dale Carnegie class, but changed his mind at the last minute. After graduating, Buffett saw the ad for the course again and decided to give it a second chance.
"I became associated with the 30 other people in the class. We couldn't stand up in front of a group and say our own name. I mean it was — we were — it was pathetic.  But that class changed my life in a big way."

學會如何有效的溝通:巴菲特自哥倫比亞大學商學院畢業後,參加了卡內基溝通課程,就此改變了他的一生,從一個害怕公眾演講的人,轉變為出色的演說家。巴非特建議年輕人,必須訓練自己溝通與演說的能力,除了要能清楚傳達意見,更要能動人。

4. Develop healthy habits by studying people.
"Pick the person that has the right habits, that is cheerful, generous, gives other people credit for what they do. Look at all of the qualities that you admire in other people ... and say to yourself, 'Which of those qualities can't I have myself?' Because you determine whether you have them. And the truth is you can have all of them."

培養健康的習慣:觀察周遭人有哪些好的工作習慣或行為模式,同時鼓勵自己做出改變,逐步培養這些良好的工作習慣。

5. Learn how to say "no."
"You won't keep control of your time, unless you can say 'no.' You can't let other people set your agenda in life."

學會說「不」:你的時間必須由自己掌控,而不是由別人來決定,因此要學會說「不」,才不會被過多的要求和工作給淹沒。

6. Don't work for someone who won't pay you fairly.
"I do very little negotiation with people. And they do little with me, in terms of it ... if I was a woman and I thought I was getting paid considerably less than somebody else that was equal coming in, that would bother me a lot. I probably wouldn't even want to work there.  I mean, [if] somebody's gonna be unfair with you, in salary, they're probably being unfair with you in a hundred other ways."

不要留戀待遇不公平的工作:如果一家公司給你的薪資待遇不公平,那麼代表它在其他地方也會給予你不公平的待遇,那麼就該捨棄這份工作。

7. Become involved with growing businesses.
"I mean, you want to get on a train that's going to go 90 miles an hour and not one that's gonna go 30 miles an hour and you're gonna try to figure out how to, you know, push it along a little faster. So it really does make a huge difference. And there are some businesses that inherently [have] far more opportunities than others."

參與成長中的事業:「你應該要搭上時速90英里的火車,而不是時速只有30英里、而且還要苦惱着要如何加快速度的火車。」

8. Learn everything you can about your industry.
Buffett says he reads six hours every day because he believes that growing your intellectual prospective will also help you critically solve future problems that may arise.
"I knew a lot about what I did when I was 20. I had read a lot, and I aspired to learn everything I could about the subject. "

熟悉你所處的產業:巴菲特每天閱讀時間長達6小時,因為他相信,當他的知識與智慧累積愈多,便愈有能力解決未來可能面對的問題。大量閱讀,是累積知識最快速的方法。

9. Young women should seek male mentors.
Buffett says it's important for women to have male mentors, because the majority of today's leaders in the workplace are still men.

沒有留言:

張貼留言